A pic to Remember

"A Picture to Remember" taken by Christine 
 
This photo was taken during band camp this year. In the background is a rainbow reaching to the sky which we had seen about 3 times during 3 days. I have never seen rainbows so frequently before. It might be symbolic because this year’s band show was about the weather and rainbows. Haha...maybe, the sky knew. 

We are wearing yellow t-shirts if you look closely. Those bright yellow shirts are from our freshman year show “Regenesis.” Seniors wear their past show shirts during band camp, and it was cute how this picture commemorates our start of band and lasting friendships.

These are my clarinet friends, all seniors, who have stuck together so long and through everything. Who have seen us as babies freshman year, struggling in junior year, and the weirdness of this year. 

In the right bottom foreground is a clarinet, the instrument I play.

However, deeper in this picture represents a bittersweetness. I had to quit band a few days into band camp due to unforeseen circumstances. Looking at this picture makes me sad and nostalgic for the times before the virus, for the years we had spent, and for the games and sectionals I missed this year. It was a different end to the one I had expected in freshman year when we sat in a dark room and played our hearts out to the show music. It was different from what I wished to happen, a senior year with no regrets. But I guess life isn’t like that is it?

I think I’m ok now and am storing this picture to look back on, remembering the beautiful times we had shared together. 





Comments

Popular Posts